Thursday, July 9

Sore muscles and sleep deprivation

Yesterday I did yoga for 35 minutes. The tape was longer, but we got to a sitting section, and I just couldn't motivate myself to stand again.

I also did a 10 minute segment of Pilates. My legs were shaking with all the balancing they make you do.

I came to this conclusion. Pilates is what happens when the Yoga people have thier Zen filled water bottles spiked with Pixie Sticks. Or maybe its because its a 10 minute hard and furious segment.

Either way, I soaked in the tub for a while after that. Alice joined me. She had particular fun pouring cups of water on me. Its sort of funny because if I pour one on her, she screams and tries to run away. Afterall, that means she is getting her hair washed. Oh the horror.

We also moved the day bed into Alice's room. I had this idea that if one of us slept with her, Alice would sleep in her own room, then we could run away.
Last night went like this:
1. We read scriptures and pray.
2. Daniel takes Alice to her room, shuts the door, and lies in her bed.
3. Alice cries.
4. Alice wails.
5. Silence. I nod off.
6. Just starting dream mode, Alice starts shrieking again.
7. I make him bring her back.
8. At 5:17am I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. Alice followed me.
9. I lay down with her in her bed.
10. She tosses and turns for a while trying to get some boobs (a strange thing since she stopped night nursing way before she was weaned).
11. By 6am Daniel's alarm was going off and Alice was asleep. I tried to leave her.
12. She followed.

Sleep extraction has not succeeded. Yet. I am visiting teaching this morning, so she has been up since then. Though she did try to convince me that she needed some boobs. Sorry, even if i gave them to you, it wouldn't be what you remember.

And so life goes on.

No comments: