Thursday, December 9

Always playing catch up!

Its December!

Daniel has a week left of school. Yay!

Alice goes potty in the toilet...sometimes.

Its getting cold, but still no snow.

Thomas is walking quickly now. Not quite at running, but he is getting there.

I am knitting. Currently in progress, a red and blue KU inspired hat. If only I could find a button in the shape of a jayhawk. Also in progress. A crown for ALice. Its greens and browns so its totally a Wood Faerie crown. I only have 2 inches of it, so we will see if I get sick of it before I get the 18" or so done.

The spiffy fridge we got in a trade is almost clean of mold. I bought a hand steam cleaner thing to help finish it up. I still need to call and harass some ladies who are having babies this month to see if they want/need help from the ward. Pregnant ladies are hard to get hold of. Especially when the computer won't attach to a monitor...so calling back missed calls is hard to do. BUT! We got the replacement joiner thing, and its FIXED! Daniel doesn't know it already came because he is at work, and they had a team lunch so he spent his time cooking eggs on the griddle and talking instead of calling.

Oh and I have gotten ALice to expand her horizons in the world of food via a trick I read about. She gets her lunch in a mini muffin tin. Each hole gets something (a carrot stick, part of a sandwich, a slice of aple, etc). Today she ate everything except 2 pieces of cheese. That is a SHOCKER. The girl usually would choose cheese over most foods. I think peanut butter and honey was a much bigger hit than pb&blueberry butter or tuna sandwiches though. She actually ate ALL of the sandwich. I am glad about this because she has been begging less for treats (and eating less of them. Plus the fact that she is eating veggies without bribery is awesome! Carrot sticks or carrot coins are a hit. Celery isn't as popular, but she will eat it. And broccoli is always popular.

Daniel has a new-ish calling at church. He is the secretary of the Elder's Quorum. And he has officially been released from cub scouts. He pretty much rejoiced learning that.

1 comment:

Danno said...

Is it crazy that I think Elder's Quorum secretary is an easier gig? Dealing with 10 year olds is just brutal.