Monday, April 19

Just another Manic Monday

Well, I guess its not so manic around here. And now I have the song stuck in my head. Figures.

I decided last night that I am super sick of 80% of our diapers. Yes. Go me. Initially I was like, I will sell all the ones with velcro, then buy more. Until I realized that the majority of our diapers come with velcro. Yeah, it would not be easy to get by on 8 diapers for Alice until I buy new ones. Then I considered paying someone to convert my diapers to snaps. (I have done a few, but I just don't have the child free time that I am willing to dedicate to seam ripping velcro and marking and adding snaps. I have done it on several diapers, and they are great and we love them. But yeah. Not so enthusiastic about spending my free time putting snaps on poo catchers.

Instead of that, I have been working on some embroidery work. For a baby quilt, well technically 2. I am doing 2 squares. One for the baby boy quilt, one for the baby girl quilt. The little green panda I free hand embroidered is looking awesome. And I only had to pick out a few stitches. (I meant to trace a picture onto the fabric, but I forgot to buy a transfer pen when I was at Hobby Lobby, so I choose to free hand it.)

We went to Target on Saturday. They had a bunch of decorative baskets marked down to half price. I bought 4 for the diaper shelves. It helped motivate me to actually put the diapers up on the shelf again. The shelf is about 5,000 times better than a giant rubbermaid bin in our room.

Today I should be cleaning. Alice, Thomas and I all got nasty colds last week. ALice seems all better. Thomas and I have stopped sneezing and coughing. I am still congested, but its less than it was. The house though, has suffered from lack of routine tidying. Not that I feel any major motivation to clean. Motivation is easier to have when you expect visitors. But I would like to vacuum some today. Just to get the tiny pieces of crushed stuff (crackers? Chips? cheese? clearly I have no clue) off the floor.

My eyes hurt. I think I will take a nap if Alice will let me. Thomas is asleep in the crib in her room. I wish to be asleep also.

1 comment:

Me said...

Hope you got a nap.

Thanks for offering to help/listen. Will let you know once I start the "big packing" joy!

Hope ya'll feel really better soon!

Mary