Monday, May 9

Yay its May!

Its been a long month since I last posted. Weaning off the postpartum meds is going rather well. Our yard is looking pretty. Our home is cleaner than it has been thanks to having more energy and less of a blah feeling. We have had a bit of trials though. What wil follow is 95% rant about the nusiance neighbors.

We did some gardening around the house Easter weekend and out out lots of mulch and did lots of spring yarn work. Then I went to take a shower and Daniel turned on the hose to spray off the back patio where we repotted some plants. Only we found out the outside spigot had froze over the winter and the living room and computer room were flooded.

After finally getting the carpets clean and dry and not funky smelling, Alice and Thomas brought in a bucket of compost (i.e. composted manure) and painted the computer room with it. You read that right, they painted my clean carpets with cow dung. So we got to clean the carpets again! Fun times.

But that has motivated me to consolidate and get rid of things. We also went through the bins of baby clothes in the garage attic and gave away most of them. Only 3 of the bins were so soaked in cat pee (from our neighbors cats that she lets in her side of the garage, *sigh* sharing a garage is no fun). But anyway, we emptied several bins!

ANd now for the nusiance neighbors

The neighbors let their dog run loose leashless and it was over between our house and another neighbor's. First We tried to see if they were outside with the dog, they weren't. Then another neighbor took the dog to them and inside their house because they wanted to walk their horse (its a really big dog, think Marmaduke). And less than 10 minutes later the dog was back outside and at the side of our house digging in the flower beds. So we called animal control. Animal control went by several times and I guess didn't see the dog.

Then it was out AGAIN so we called again. But animal control was off duty for the day so they sent by cops, and guess what the dog was loose and the cops talked with them and gave them a warning after she dragged the barking dog in.

Then last Thursday or Friday I was in the backyard with the kids and thought someone smelled like poo. And found out they had taken a spatula from the utensil drawer and had been digging in the garden. This is nothing new, except this time they were digging around 2 really large balls of poop.

I was furious. I mean for real, the last time we called the cops on the neighbor they threw trash in our back yard, but animal waste? That was a whole new level. After fuming and venting to Daniel and not letting the kids outside, I decided to give the neighbors the benefit od the doubt and triple bagged the poo and the spatula put it in the trash.

Well guess what happened that night. You got it, a party! The loud music started at like 8pm, but it wasn't intolerable. Around 11pm the drunken hollering started in the back so we called the police. Previous incidents have led me to believe that if we don't the party will continue intil 2, 3, or even 4am and I will be stuck cleaning up cigarette butts and beer cans from my yard and I was not willing to deal with that. Within 15 minutes the party was broken up and everyone left.

Daniel felt bad about it, but I feel no remorse. We have lived there 4 years and every time we have tried to contact them they have been completely unreasonable at the time because usually they are completely drunk. Clearly they don't watch the commercials that say Drink RESPONSIBLY.

Saturday we went to the store and bought some flowers to plant in the back yard and come home to the neighbor guy (who supposedly doesn't love there but whose car has been there every day for at least a year now, so my guess is he just doesn't pay any rent to live there) coming out with some dog I have never seen before and not on the leash. The dog came up to me at the car and I asked him to put the dog on a leash and he said the dog won't hurt anyone but there is no way I would be getting my small children out of the car around a strange animal that isn't being restrained.

He had also swept all the went leaves that had been sitting on their side of the driveway over to ours. When I said something he denied it. I could see the wet spot on the driveway where the leaves used to sit. I was pissed.

To make it worse, Daniel laughed at me. Not the way i want to deal with mother's day weekend. Cleaning up after 25 year olds and getting laughed at by my husband.

So I went in majorly pissed and ranting about how I was ready to take them to small claims court. So the guy tells Lisa (whose sister owns the place) that we are talking about taking them to small claims court. And when Daniel has been out there a good 15 minutes cleaning up leaves and sticking them in a bag to take back to them she comes, and takes them all and dumps them on her side of the driveway.

She also insists she didn't tell him to sweep stuff onto our side of the driveway and was adament that they didn't throw poo over the fence.

You know what I don't even care any more. I will just becalling the police any any every time they do anything against the law. I will also be documenting it all and getting copies of police reports. I didn;t even light the dog crap on fire and leave it on their doorstep.

I just hope this crap ends before we have to sell our house. I don't want to have to put down in the sellers disclosure that the neighbor has loud parties all the time and they litter party trash in the back yard all the time. But yeah, this is the start of the documentation. Good times. Not really

No comments: