Monday, May 24

Food, fighting, and diaper fluff



So its been a while since I posted. Oops. Last weekend we went over to my cousin Synthia's apartment to celebrate graduation with her. Alice terrorized the cat and got to eat cake with frosting that turned her mouth blue. Thomas practiced graduating from KU.

I am currently cleaning the house so I can spend tomorrow cooking meals for the freezer. Most of them are just assemble and freeze meals. To make things easier. I would rather spend time waiting for things to freeze before throwing them in freezer bags than have the oven running all day. We aren't using the oven at all. I nixed pizza to avoid it.

The cleaning was slightly interrupted by the vacuum making noises like it was a dying animal. One that screams. I took it apart and found two 3" bolts in there. They were put in the machine through the tube where the vacuum bag goes on to collect dust. Thanks Alice.

Speaking of Alice. She has been hitting kids in nursery. Daniel or I will be joining her in nursery for a while. Lucky us. I don't really know what to do about it either. She has started being a terror at church anyway. People all say she is cute, but she drives me bonkers running up the aisles to the front of the chapel, climbing under seats, screaming. Daniel sat with her on his lap in the hall most of church. He got pretty sweaty holding her still. I just hope this is the terrible twos you hear about.

Also, I am going to be a co-op host. Scary right? Its a cloth diaper co-op and the person that was going to host had to have back surgery and won't be able to deal with stacks of packages. I want a couple of things, and no one else volunteered to host, so I am. It might be insane. BUt hey, if you want any cloth diapers, let me know. They are Kawaii Baby diapers. If you are local you can get an even better deal because you won't have to pay shipping to your house. I am still seeing if we can meet the 60 item minimum, but I don't think it will be a problem at all considering the previous interest on the forum where I am running it. And if we are lucky we won't get hit with customs fees. Oh, did I fail to mention its for an international shipment? Yeah. This might be tres complicated.

Fixed the photo links.

2 comments:

Me said...

Ya--love when the 2 year old's physical abilities don't equal their verbal abilities--so hitting, kicking, biting, and throwing tantrums is so much easier (and more effective) for them than saying "No" or "give me the toy back" or "I want a drink of water".

Ugh! Sorry for the 2 joys! Hope this helps: My 4 year old nephew told me yesterday (as we were playing in the gym after singing time in order to avoid germs--at least in my churchhouse there is a gym where he can go to)--"I want to get out of this church!!!" with crocodile tears falling. Ahh--what joy. The former bishops's wife in my parents though, did the same thing Daniel did with Alice, with some of her youngest "joys"--held them on her lap instead of letting them run around--so they learned that in the chapel they had toys and fun things (coloring books, etc)--but the hallway was boring and no fun. They did eventually "get" it (at about age 3).

Sorry! Good luck with the freezer filling!

Mary P.

Danno said...

Wow. My work computer is really bad at viewing our blog. It's actually cut off the pictures to the extent that I can barely even see Thomas in the first one.

:-( Thanks for the advice Mary! Good to know that someone else thinks this is normal. Rebecca was concerned that Alice might have a social disease AKA be sociallogically disturbed.