Saturday was not rainy. That meant we did some roof action.
1. roof repaired
2. no one got hurt
3. everything was cleaned up before the rain hit Sunday
1. Our roof was not installed correctly (go figure)
2. if you see water damage inside, you might find out that the wood under the shingles is rotted
3. leaving the car seat outside in the rain makes it wet.
4. basic understanding of roof anatomy and repairs.
Overall Daniel says the roof is ugly. This is because its hard to replace shingles that end up underneath other shingles. If we had the materials, or the perseverance, he would have bought a couple of additional shingles for the peak (different from regular) and madethe job faster and better looking.
Supposedly this is the biggest patch of hail damage, so as long as we don't get large amounts of hail soon, we should be fine for a couple of years.
Oh, and next time Daniel will take a couple of days off work, and just remove a whole section bottom to top and replace the strip. That's probably how we will end up reroofing our house when the time comes.
So yeah! One more home repair skill! Go us. (disclaimer: I was not involved in any of the roof repairs or work. I don't do heights.)